Author Topic: Mothler?  (Read 2516 times)

Offline emac

• Global Moderator
Re: Mothler?
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 08:56PM »
Great looking fly. I like the way your thinking outside the box with this one.  Great use of feathers that normally don't get used, and tying with a purpose.
I'm sure that would fool a few trout after dark.

Offline Bill

« Reply #21 on: August 01, 07:52AM »
Damn buddy just noticed this thread ,awesome flies! If/when, we get some fresh water we'll have to give them a dusk test run.I was down to one of  the nearby brownie hot spots at dark last week but the fish had been pounded by 3 rapala warriors for  awhile and were hiding pretty deep,wasn't till about an hour after dark before one rose but he wouldn;t commit,think he was still shell shocked.

Offline SteveL

« Reply #22 on: August 01, 09:26AM »
it's starting to rain out there, now if it would just pick up a little!
I was going to go try these on the west last night but the water is just too shitty, I would rather wait, maybe tonight.

how do you tie a rapala?  :o ;D

give me a jingle if you wanna meet up.

Offline MattD

« Reply #23 on: August 01, 10:19AM »
Damn buddy just noticed this thread ,awesome flies! If/when, we get some fresh water we'll have to give them a dusk test run.I was down to one of  the nearby brownie hot spots at dark last week but the fish had been pounded by 3 rapala warriors for  awhile and were hiding pretty deep,wasn't till about an hour after dark before one rose but he wouldn;t commit,think he was still shell shocked.

I think those 3 are there every night!  Had a 5lb Browine on the bank one night last week when i was there.

Offline SteveL

« Reply #24 on: August 01, 11:51AM »
I think those 3 are there every night!  Had a 5lb Browine on the bank one night last week when i was there.

super secret society of brownies eh... I lose my shit hooking a 1 lb'er
I think all those fish pictures are photoshopped!  ;)

Offline the caddis

« Reply #25 on: August 01, 04:25PM »

:( :(
its not always  about the catching