Author Topic: Just for kicks and giggles.  (Read 1464 times)

Offline Speckles

• "Be the change you want to see in the world"
Just for kicks and giggles.
« on: May 30, 12:33AM »
A friend posted a picture of some ducklings and wondered if the big browns would go for one. I laughed and said I would make one just for the challenge, and this is only a trial run as I don't have any of what I need to get the job done . Now keep in mind I had no bright yellow hair, the head is a cigarette filter snipped , but profile is exactly what I will be lookin for. All the color is head cement just for the laugh it would get to show the attempt. Beak is just some hackle pulled through the filter. I have a piece of 50lb test tied to the shank at back end which when I do try this again, will see a strand of medium wire looped over each side and the ends of mono burned so it won't slip off. Would probably form legs over wire before attaching. My thought is the legs would move independant of the rest of the fly . Did this just to see if I could and pretty sure next one will look like a fuzzy little duckling for some huge brown somewhere. Sorry for all the coffee stained laps! Lol
"Try? There is no try , only do."
-yoda-

Offline Speckles

Re: Just for kicks and giggles.
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 11:08AM »
As far as whether a brown would grab one of these, I seen in posted somewhere that a mink had a run-in with a big brown and managed to escape. If a fiesty mink can get a snap from one , I see no reason why duck a la deer hair shouldn't get a reaction.
-yoda-

Offline mikesalmon

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 10:45PM »
Pretty neat

Offline Speckles

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 11:09PM »
Thanks Mike , was just trying to see if it could be done . Wasn't sure how to go about the head sitting on top, tried a few things that proved useless as still needed beak and eyes. I could cast this one all day and that head won't move, so yellow foam block that's actually spherical instead of cylindrical , clip on legs and use right color hair and that should do it. Like to upsize just a wee bit also. This was the pic I was workin from.
-yoda-