Author Topic: Anyone for a dry fly hackle trade?  (Read 1196 times)

Offline fishface

Anyone for a dry fly hackle trade?
« on: March 07, 01:55PM »
I have 2 set of the below hackle for trade. The feathers below will go as 1 set, I am looking to get some different hackle or colours.

The hackles below are 1. Whiting-Herbert Pro Saddle "Grizzly"                                 2. Metz- #2 Saddle natural brown

Thank-you for viewing.
Fishface

Offline pierce14

Re: Anyone for a dry fly hackle trade?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 04:04PM »
I can trade you for the same colors. LOL

Offline lykos33

• Flori-Caper so listen closely ....
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 04:18PM »
Beats what I have Pierce....Got a brown and a cream 1/2 and neither has anywhere near that much long "dry" hackle....I think they were supposed to be 1/2 saddles or 1/2 capes ::)
Murray
"If fishing is like religion, then fly-fishing is high church."

~by Tom Brokaw~

Offline roadkill

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 06:46AM »
Hey FF,

I've got cream and black of similar grades that I'd trade ya.  Black is a Miner Pro, the cream is a Metz #2.

Might be a good time as my grizzly and brown saddles are getting a little picked over ;)

Cheers,
rk

Offline fishface

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 03:51PM »
Hey roadkill,
What's happening? I will take you up on that trade..... I just want to have some more options.I don't want to spend to much more on this season of tying, waiting for my order to come in the mail. I am trying to get to the show this weekend but maybe we will meet up this weekend sometime....
Hey we live so close to each other that maybe we can buy some capes for next year and split them up....

Just an idea.

Offline fishface

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 03:53PM »
Jeff post some pictures on what your wiling to trade, i don't have much option in hackle also....

Offline roadkill

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 05:12PM »
FF,

I'll pm ya my cell.  I'm on a jobsite most of the day tomorrow, and have a family commitment Sunday midday, but we should be able to find an hour somewhere in there!

More than happy to look at some collaborative procurement next season, given than I'm more of about variety then volume when it comes to tying...

rk